[Paraview] Using Probe Filter To Get The Average Value Around A Point

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Tue Feb 6 21:45:33 EST 2018

As far as I know, there is no way to get the probe filter to get all points within a radius as you describe. You may instead consider the Point Data to Cell Data Filter. That will for each cell take the values of all attached points and average them.

The point volume interpolator filter will create a grid (by default 100^3) and, in gaussian kernel mode, will “splat” a gaussian function onto the grid from every point. Another way to think of it is that a 3D gaussian function is convolved with a 3D function comprising an impulse function at every point in the mesh scaled by the field value (and then sampled on the grid).

-Ken

Sent from my iPad