[Paraview] Vague question about adding a GUI to Paraview

Dennis Conklin dennis_conklin at goodyear.com
Tue Apr 24 07:57:15 EDT 2018

Guys,

I just need a concept here.  I have been asked to estimate what it would take to add a GUI to Paraview that would duplicate what we do with an old custom GUI in a competitor product (so we can get rid of the $$$ competitor!).

Basically, I want to enable a mode where I select an element(s) in Paraview and that goes off and makes some plots based on which element I selected.    I don't know how to intercept the action of selecting an element.    Can I do this in some clever way from a Programmable Filter?    Do we need to write a GUI in C++ and compile it in to enable this?

Any ideas?

Thanks for any hints

Dennis