[Paraview] Force or deactivate some Readers. Reuse the Paraview already running

Felipe Bordeu felipebordeu at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 09:07:18 EDT 2017

I already put this in a feature request, but I dont know if someone is
interested:

1) I always work with xmdf files and every time I have to choose the reader
to use in the menu, can we deactivate or force the use of a specific reader
in the command line?

I know a can change the extension of my file and creates a plugin (100%
xml) to use this new extension with my preferred reader. but I was thinking
something  more at the app level (not a hack).

2) also if I run a second command line to run paraview (with a filename as
argument) can we reuse the instance of paraview already running. (to
compare results for example)

Any idea of how to solve this