[Paraview] Paraview Web bug on windows

Aron Helser aron.helser at kitware.com
Tue Sep 26 12:01:38 EDT 2017

I can confirm that the bug still exists on Windows with the ParaView 5.4.1
binaries downloaded from paraview.org.

To fix it, you can do a little patch to your installation of ParaView.

In the file
{ParaViewInstallDir}\bin\Lib\site-packages\paraview\web\protocols.py,
around line 1070, add these two lines:

        # Use the vtk data encoder to base-64 encode the image as png,
using no compression
        encoder = vtkDataEncoder()
+        # two calls in a row crash on Windows - bald timing hack to avoid
the crash.
+        time.sleep(0.01);
        b64Str = encoder.EncodeAsBase64Png(imgData, 0)

This should get you going again!
Regards,
Aron