[Paraview] Input files

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Mon Sep 18 09:24:45 EDT 2017

Hi,

Welcome to ParaView!

It sounds like you might find several items in ParaView's help menu useful:

* Getting Started with ParaView
* ParaView Tutorial
* ParaView Guide

If you have more specific questions about how to load your data,
please describe the kind of data you have. Is it points? Is it a
volumetric mesh? Etc.

Thanks,
Cory

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 8:54 AM, Doina Gumeniuc (224252 MAHS)
<224252 at via.dk> wrote:
> Hi dear users,
>
> This might sound a bit stupid, but I am new in paraview and I have hard
> times understanding how this tool works: for instance, I do not understand
> how is paraview reading info such as radius in specific points, how can I
> generate surface and not just some floating points in space, how can I build
> based on cross sectional area and height. So far, the only info I could
> implement is x, y and z of points through csv file.
>
> Could anyone please support me with theoretical material and so on?
>
> Thank you!
>
> I would really appreciate an example of a 3D model file readable in
> paraview.

Cory Quammen
Staff R&D Engineer
Kitware, Inc.