[Paraview] ParaView Release Roadmap

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Mon Oct 23 10:53:48 EDT 2017

Folks,

We have a change in the ParaView release plan, as follows:

*1. ParaView 5.5 October/November 2017 release has been postponed.*
We have already had 3 releases this year, hence we have decided to postpone
the 5.5 release. The next release will be according to the release plan
described below.

*2. Spring and Fall releases each year*
Barring exceptional circumstances, starting with 2018, we plan to do at
least two feature releases of ParaView each year scheduled for March
(Spring) and September (Fall) with release candidates out in Feb and August
respectively.

*3. Patch releases as needed.*
Patch releases to fix critical issues with the Spring and Fall releases
will be cut as needed.

*4. Preview releases as needed.*
Preview releases to advertise new features may be cut at other times. These
are to be treated as alpha releases intended to demonstrate a new feature
or capability.

Any comments, concerns, or suggestions are always welcome.

Thanks,
The ParaView Team