[Paraview] How to run a python script in every interaction

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Mon Oct 23 10:29:00 EDT 2017

For camera interaction, you can add an observer to
vtkCommand::[InteractionEvent|StartInteractionEvent|EndInteractionEvent]
fired by vtkRenderWindowInteractor.

e.g.
def callback(caller, event):
   print ("ineraction")
from paraview.vtk import vtkCommand
view = GetActiveView()
view.GetInteractor().AddObserver(vtkCommand.InteractionEvent, callback)

There's no event fired on "Apply", however. Another option is to
observe vtkCommand::StartEvent and/or vtkCommand::EndEvent on the view
itself. This is fired at start/end of each render. Since that happens
as a consequence of any interaction including moving camera or hitting
apply or advancing timestrep, that may be a reasonable approach.

Utkarsh