[Paraview] Problem compiling ParaView with NMake

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Fri Oct 20 10:41:14 EDT 2017

On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 08:40:34 -0400, Cory Quammen wrote:
> I strongly recommend using the Ninja generator for building ParaView with
> Superbuild on Windows. It will build much faster than if you use other
> build generators, and will take care of the particular problem you are
> seeing as -j is a Ninja option that controls the level of build parallelism.

Yes, the superbuild is currently only known to support Ninja on Windows.
Visual Studio is certainly out for various reasons, but NMake is
probably possible; patches would be welcome if NMake is required for
some reason. Some conditional should probably guard this section and not
do it for NMake:

    https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/common-superbuild/blob/master/cmake/SuperbuildExternalProject.cmake#L94

but that may not be sufficient either.

--Ben