[Paraview] Problem compiling ParaView with NMake

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Fri Oct 20 08:40:34 EDT 2017

Hi Thomas,

I strongly recommend using the Ninja generator for building ParaView with
Superbuild on Windows. It will build much faster than if you use other
build generators, and will take care of the particular problem you are
seeing as -j is a Ninja option that controls the level of build parallelism.

Cheers,
Cory

On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 8:28 AM, Thomas Krug <dammal.tk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hallo everyone,
>

> I tried to compile ParaView for Windows 10, using the superbuild of
> version 5.4.1 and NMake Makefiles as generator.
>

> After the execution of nmake, I get the following error:
>

> ------
>
> NMAKE : fatal error U1065: invalid option 'j'
>
> Stop.
>
> CMake Error at D:/Dokumente/…/ParaView/build_
> nmake/superbuild/sb-paraview-build.cmake:43 (message): Failed with exit
> code 2
>
> ------
>

> Is this somehow related to a wrong setting of
> the SUPERBUILD_PROJECT_PARALLELISM build variable or might there be
> another cause for the error?
>

> My configuration:
>
> Windows 10 64bit
>
> cmake version 3.8.0