[Paraview] Saving as csv data

Li, Teng tengli2 at illinois.edu
Mon Oct 9 13:16:55 EDT 2017

Hi all,

I have a question about saving vtk data in a csv file. Please find the following link for the vtk file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-Dmy2O1v21NbGlfTm9odlZpa2M/view?usp=sharinghttps://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-Dmy2O1v21NbGlfTm9odlZpa2M/view?usp=sharing

I expected to see 7 components in the csv file I saved: x, y, z, stress_x, stress_y, stress_z, stress_magnitude. However, in the csv file I saved, there are only three columns of data. Please find the csv file I saved:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-Dmy2O1v21NeWZnejVqbHEzME0/view?usp=sharinghttps://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-Dmy2O1v21NeWZnejVqbHEzME0/view?usp=sharing

I saved the vtk file by first highlighting the vtk file in the pipeline, and then click save data. Then I used the default settings. Is there anything wrong in my saving process?

Thanks!

Best,
Teng

Teng Li

Master Candidate in Structures

205 North Mathews Ave, Urbana, IL. 61801

Phone:(217)8196210, Email: tengli2 at illinois.edu