[Paraview] [EXT] Re: Details of XML filter with lists of input arrays

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Tue Oct 3 14:07:36 EDT 2017

> To be more exact, I wrote a routine here that does an area-weighted average of some variables.    Now the users are asking if I can give them a list of variables in the model and they can choose which ones to calculate a weighted average.

There are many filters you can base this on. Here are a few examples:

1. https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/paraview/blob/master/ParaViewCore/ServerManager/SMApplication/Resources/filters.xml#L2026-2041

Here the arrays to list is determined by the "InputArrayDomain"
element defined on the InputProperty and fixed to cell data.

2. https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/paraview/blob/master/ParaViewCore/ServerManager/SMApplication/Resources/filters.xml#L13865-13881

Here the user can separately select which attribute he/she is
interested in using a separate "AttributeMode" property.

Utkarsh