[Paraview] Specific OpenFOAM case crashes the server

Mark Olesen Mark.Olesen at esi-group.com
Mon Oct 2 04:59:50 EDT 2017

Hi Robert,

This sounds intriguing - I wonder if there is something with 32/64-bits involved?

The reader needs a cleanup (https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/issues/17096), but I'm rather short of personal free time to tackle it (and no funding for it at the moment).

However, even after a cleanup the reader will continue to remain rather fragile with regard to handling various dictionary items, especially things like "#includeEtc" that imply a much deeper knowledge of the OpenFOAM logic than is possible based on the output files alone.  It is for this reason that the "skip zero" switch was added. The intention is to skip over the "0/" fields that contain most of the includes. Subsequent output fields will not normally contain any #include directives.  The only slightly odd output element can be "#{" .. "#}" verbatim strings (associated with user-coding), but the reader should silently skip over these and not cause any problem.

Cheers,
/mark