[Paraview] Python programmable filter to process results over time

Messner, Mark Christian messner at anl.gov
Tue Nov 21 18:34:54 EST 2017

I'm trying to make a programmable filter to do some post-processing that involves accumulating data from multiple time steps.

This isn't really what I'm trying to do but as an example of something that would get me most of the way there say I want to sum up the values of a field over a range of time steps and then display that cumulative sum as a field itself.

My googling seems to indicate this is now possible with the programmable filter but hasn't turned up any simple example of how to do it.  Does someone have such an example or can someone point me in the right direction on how to do this (if it's indeed possible)?

Thanks,

Mark