[Paraview] Installation Issues

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Tue May 23 13:56:51 EDT 2017

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your report. I believe we are missing at least one DLL in
the Windows package. I have reported an issue here:

https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/paraview-superbuild/issues/53

I'm not sure if it will make the ParaView 5.4.0 release coming out soon.

Thanks,
Cory

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 1:28 PM, Partridge, Ben D
<b.partridge16 at imperial.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi  guys
>

> I'm having a few issues setting up ParaView - the installation appears to
> proceed smoothly until I start the application and then I am greeted with a
> series of error messages of the form:
>

> Failed to load libEGL (The specified module could not be
> found.)QWindowsEGLStaticContext::create: Failed to load and resolve libEGL
> functionsFailed to load opengl32sw.dll (The specified module could not be
> found.)Failed to load and resolve WGL/OpenGL functionsFailed to load libEGL
> (The specified module could not be found.)QWindowsEGLStaticContext::create:
> Failed to load and resolve libEGL functionsFailed to load opengl32sw.dll
> (The specified module could not be found.)Failed to load and resolve
> WGL/OpenGL functionsQOpenGLWidget: Failed to create contextcomposeAndFlush:
> makeCurrent() failedcomposeAndFlush: makeCurrent() failedcomposeAndFlush:
> makeCurrent() failedcomposeAndFlush: makeCurrent() failedcomposeAndFlush:
> makeCurrent() failedcomposeAndFlush: makeCurrent() failedcomposeAndFlush:
> makeCurrent() failedcomposeAndFlush: makeCurrent() failedcomposeAndFlush:
> makeCurrent() failed
>

> I have simply downloaded the ParaView binary installer and proceeded through
> the installation. Has anyone encountered this problem/know how to resolve
> it? I am probably missing something very basic, but would greatly appreciate
> any help.
>

> Many thanks
>
> Ben

Cory Quammen