[Paraview] SWKey: How to Clean-up an STL datum set?

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Tue Mar 21 08:45:33 EDT 2017

You can use the *Extract Selection* filter. Before you create the filter,
make sure you invert the selection so that you are removing the selected
selected. To do that, once you've made your selection, go to *Edit | Find
Data* and then check the *Invert Selection *check box. Now, from the dialog
itself, you can click the *Extract Selection* button to create a new *Extract
Selection* filter. The output of this filter is *Unstructured Grid * and
STL only supports *Polydata, *hence apply the *Extract Surface* filter
again and then you shall be able to save out the result as a new STL file.

Hope that helps.
Utkarsh