[Paraview] Program received signal SIGFPE, Arithmetic exception.

Burlen Loring bloring at lbl.gov
Thu Mar 16 19:50:05 EDT 2017

I tried out ParaView 5.3.0 today, and I encountered the above crash.

steps to reproduce: load data (sphere source will work), set color by
var, open color map dialog, change to categorical, open choose presets
dialog, scroll down, when you get near the bottom you will get the crash.

Program received signal SIGFPE, Arithmetic exception.
0x00007ffff660a833 in
pqPresetToPixmap::renderIndexedColorTransferFunction (this=0x5e22560,
stc=0x647f460, size=...) at
/home/bloring/work/ParaView/Qt/Components/pqPresetToPixmap.cxx:273
273      Nh = wmp / (ss + PQ_SWATCH_PAD);
(gdb) p ss
$5 = -2

of course PQ_SWATCH_PAD == 2