[Paraview] Labeling axes for non-spatial data

Christopher Neal chrisneal at snumerics.com
Thu Mar 16 14:59:29 EDT 2017

Hi all,

I want to write out a data set that doesn't have any spatial variables (in
the physical sense of X,Y,Z. My three axes are independent variables that
we can call Z, S, C. They have no relation to any physical coordinates
whatsoever.

Is there a way to encode the information that  the axes should be labeled
as Z,S,C in the dataset? That way users who load the file would know
immediately what they are looking at instead of trying to work backwards to
figure out which variable maps to X,Y,Z.

The dataset is a simple set of regularly spaced points, and I was
considering the STRUCTURED_GRID format.

Thank you,

--
Christopher Neal