[Paraview] Native OpenFOAM reader for ParaView 5.3.0 has some weird visualization issues.

Tom Fahner tom.fahner at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 04:39:49 EDT 2017

Dear all,

Please find attached two images that show my OpenFOAM model in ParaView
5.3.0. It was the standard Binary Installers package downloaded from the
website for 64 bit linux (OpenSUSE Leap 42.1).

The correct number of cells is reported in the information tab (when
compared to OpenFOAM's checkMesh result). The patches are
all rendered nicely, but it looks like some cells are missing in the
domain/volume.

Is there some setting that I need to apply?

Please note that the mesh has about 25.8 million cells, for smaller meshes
this was not a problem. A colleague had similar issues.
ParaView version 5.1.2 did not have this problem, ParaView 5.2 was not able
to open the OpenFOAM files at all.

Best regards,
Tom

--