[Paraview] StreamTracer: Combined ReasonForTermination or select individual polylines?

Liang Wang frank0734 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 15:47:45 EDT 2017

Thank you, Andy.

I):

I'm using 5.3 and your example is what I would get. But what I want is a
way to tell if the two streamlines from the same seed point are terminated
for different reasons. It might be more clear from the image I attached. I
would like to tell

1) closed field lines that have both ends terminated on the sphere surface
(the red tubes)
2) semi-open field lines that have on the ends terminated on the sphere
surface, the other goes out-of-domain (the red and blue tubes)
3) open field lines that have both ends out-of-bound (not shown in the
image, would be blue tubes)

(Or, ideal, I would be happier to be able to tell if the open end of the
semi-open field lines goes out of the southern or northern bound)

Indeed, I saw people doing this in Mayavi-based python (see
https://github.com/KristoforMaynard/Viscid/blob/dev/viscid/cython/streamline.pyx
and
http://kristoformaynard.github.io/Viscid/docs/master/examples/mayavi.html).
One obstacle I can see is that ParaView (or vtk?) probably treats the two
streamlines from the same seed point independently, thus it won't be easy
to tag them together.

II):

I realize that I am demanding too much. I tried your way of `Find Data`,
and now I am able to manually choose individual streamlines, which is
already helpful.