[Paraview] StreamTracer: Combined ReasonForTermination or select individual polylines?

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Tue Mar 14 15:17:25 EDT 2017

Hi,

What version of ParaView are you using?

>From my testing it looks like each direction for the stream tracer seeds
has a separate reason for termination in PV 5.3 -- see the attached image.
The domain is a box with length 20 on each side, the velocity is [1, 0, 0],
the seeds are a line source going from min to max of the bounding box
([-10, -10, -10] to [10,10,10]).  The red is for when the maximum
streamline length has exceeded my specified max length of 5 and the blue is
for when the streamline exited the domain.

Is there a case where the same reason for termination value is being used
for multiple termination criteria?

You can use the SeedIds cell data array in the Threshold filter or use the
Edit->Find Data option to select a given streamline from the seed id.

Cheers,
Andy