[Paraview] vector plot with multiblock dataset. possible bug or dataset issue?

u.utku.turuncoglu at be.itu.edu.tr u.utku.turuncoglu at be.itu.edu.tr
Wed Mar 8 08:28:59 EST 2017

Hi All,

I have some weird observation with 5.3RC2 when i try to create
visualisation of vector field that is coming from multiblock dataset (has
4x4 decomposition). The problem is that in the simple visualization
pipeline such as Calculator -> Glyph, i could barely see or pick the
boundaries of the individual blocks which is not good. Then i tried to add
MergeBlocks filter just after Calculator and try to visualize data with
Glyph. In this case, it fixes the boundary problem (at least it seems like
that). But, when i play with the Glyph Mode property and change it such as
Every Nth Point and set as 3 then i could again see the boundaries with
flat vectors. I just wonder that is it a bug or related with the dataset
itself? It was also exist in earlier versions of the PV such as 5.2.
Anyway,a simple dataset and also the state to reproduce the problem can be
retrieved from following link,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1chvdmehqzuslmj/vector_issue.tar.gz?dl=0

If anyone has any other multiblock dataset (with vector field) that could
test the same pipeline, then it could be easy to find the source of the
problem (PV or dataset itself). Thanks,

Regards,

--ufuk