[Paraview] Is there any documentation that introduces new features of ParaView 5.3.0?

Robert Maynard robert.maynard at kitware.com
Mon Mar 6 13:32:35 EST 2017

> I am particularly concerned that if my
> data is generated by the code running on GPUs, can I write something like an
> adapter to visualize the data in situ in GPU memory ? My data is just point
> data and doesn't need any filter.

Yes you can use VTK-m for this exact use case, but it will require you to
write a new VTK-m / ParaView component. VTK-m offers a collection
of OpenGL functions that help marshall data between CUDA and the
OpenGL runtime.

if you are curious on what this would entail I recommend starting with the
VTK-m users guide (still a work in progress) :
http://m.vtk.org/images/c/c8/VTKmUsersGuide.pdf