[Paraview] Query on EGL libs for Paraview 5.0.1

Bishwajit Dutta bdutta at vt.edu
Sat Mar 4 22:19:54 EST 2017

Hi All,

I am trying to compile Paraview 5.0.1 with EGL support as I want to use
NVIDIA Tesla K20c
for rendering in Ubuntu 14.04. This is without any windowing system as K20c
is designed for
server based rendering (without any VGA port and OpenGL support (I think!))

I went through

https://blog.kitware.com/off-screen-rendering-through-the-native-platform-interface-egl/

and as I understand, for this I need to set the below Paraview flags before
compilation:

VTK_EGL_DEVICE_INDEX=set to graphics driver index
VTK_USE_OFFSCREEN_EGL =on
EGL_INCLUDE_DIR
EGL_LIBRARY /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libEGL.so
EGL_gldispatch_LIBRARY /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGLdispatch.so.0
EGL_opengl_LIBRARY /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libOpenGL.so

My query is on gettting the correct libs i.e. libEGL.so, libGLdispatch.so.0
and libOpenGL.so.

When I installed "NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-375.26.run" these libs were not
installed.

Which is the right place to get them. I can see several links on internet
search:

https://github.com/NVIDIA/libglvnd/blob/master/README.md

https://www.mesa3d.org/egl.html

Which is the correct one