[Paraview] Two issues with time-dependent data

Schuld, Heinrich Schuld at ist.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Jun 30 10:43:10 EDT 2017

Hello all,

we are working on a filter which provides a time-dependent, periodic dataset. During validation of the filter, we encountered two issues, which we think, we cannot solve on our own.

1.       In RequestInformation of the filter, we provide the pipeline just with a TIME_RANGE. This is so far working without problem, we can go through the range by Sequence or Real Time. When running the Animation as a loop though, we encounter the issue that the beginning and the end of the time range are both displayed. Since our data is periodic and the TIME_RANGE is a cycle duration, these two steps are identical. As you can guess, it is not desired to see the same step two times right behind each other. Is there a way to prevent this behaviour?

2.       When we save the filter in a state file and load it afterwards with a different dataset, the displayed time range in ParaView shows the wrong data. Although in RequestInformation the correct TIME_RANGE of the new dataset is set to the pipeline, ParaView/the Animation View still shows the time data of the state file. It only changes, if after loading the state file, a different TIME_RANGE with different values is set in RequestInformation. We can live with this issue, but maybe it is a bug that is easy to fix.

We will be grateful for any advice or suggestion!

Thanks in advance and cheers,
Heinrich

--
Dipl.-Ing. Heinrich Schuld
Institute of Jet Propulsion and Turbomachinery

Tel:         +49 241 80 99652
Fax:        +49 241 80 92229
E-Mail:   schuld at ist.rwth-aachen.de<mailto:schuld at ist.rwth-aachen.de>
www:     http://www.ist.rwth-aachen.de<http://www.ist.rwth-aachen.de/>