[Paraview] Pipe back data from ParaView to simulation program through Catalyst

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Thu Jun 29 13:50:37 EDT 2017

Hi Jimmy,

There is no current way to do this in Catalyst without custom code. I know
others have done it already but haven't seen the actual implementation for
that. We hope to have funding in the next year to get more sophisticated
with this in Catalyst but there are not specific projects yet that will
fund us to work on this.

If I were to try to do a simple implementation of this now what I would do
is add in a filter with the options you want and add that in as a plugin to
PV. Then in your Python script you can interrogate those values and pass
the data back to the simulation through the vtkCPDataDescription::UserData.

Cheers,
Andy