[Paraview] VTU files for multi-body FEA models.

kenichiro yoshimi rccm.kyoshimi at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 04:44:23 EDT 2017

Hi Jesse,

Usually vtkMultiBlockDataSet is used so as to store multi-body datasets and
the corresponding file format is a VTK vtkMultiBlockDataSet format
(.vtm). But in time development model such as your case, you'd better
use a ParaView Data format (.pvd) because vtm can't handle time
information. I attach the pvd file sample.

I also think the Multiblock Inspector is very convenient in multiblock
processing.
https://blog.kitware.com/upgrades-to-the-multiblock-inspector/

Thanks,