[Paraview] Running a simple example using ParaviewWeb

Sebastien Jourdain sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com
Mon Jul 24 16:21:22 EDT 2017

Based on the path given in the setup guide, you should copy the example you
want to reproduce inside ${ROOT}/src/* where the main example file should
be named index.js.

Then you should be able to build your example using the npm command: "npm
run build".

Maybe the vtk.js explanation might be easier to follow (
https://kitware.github.io/vtk-js/docs/intro_vtk_as_es6_dependency.html),
but the concept is exactly the same.
As it is picking the example available here
https://kitware.github.io/vtk-js/examples/Cone.html |
https://github.com/Kitware/vtk-js/tree/master/Examples/WebGL/Cone
and making a standalone application from it.

Just be aware that vtk.js is using webpack2 which is not the case for
ParaViewWeb.

Hope that helps,

Seb