[Paraview] [EXTERNAL] Re: pvserver and mpi

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Sat Jul 15 11:19:23 EDT 2017

On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 9:07 PM, Scott, W Alan <wascott at sandia.gov> wrote:
> The more I think about this, I wonder if the answer is no?  After all, you would want the sbatch and srun to come from the same version of MPI that is linked into the application, would't you?

I am assuming the sbin and srun you mention come from Slurm. This
documentation [1] for MPICH2 with Slurm suggests that you really
should build it against your Slurm installation. Towards the end,
however, it includes an example that *may* work for launching the
current ParaView linux binaries with Slurm using:

salloc -N 2 mpiexec my_application

It could looks like it would be fast to try out if you want to give it
a shot. Just sub out "my_application" with "pvserver".

Cory

[1] https://slurm.schedmd.com/mpi_guide.html#mpich2

Cory Quammen
Staff R&D Engineer