[Paraview] COMPILE AND RUN pvBatch with h5py support errors

Nabil Ghodbane nabil.ghodbane at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 08:54:11 EDT 2017

dear experts,
on a CentOS6.8 x86_64 node, I used the Superbuild to compile Paraview
5.3.0-1 with dev tool 4 (which provides gcc 5.3 )

As shown on the attached screen captures, In the CCMAKE configuration, I
enabled Python with Matplot, Scipy, Numpy.

Once the compilation finished, I successfully added the h5py package
but if I start pvBatch or pvpython, i can see some error messages about the
hashlib module.

*ValueError: unsupported hash type sha384ERROR   : code for hash sha512 was
not found.*

This issue seems to be more a Python bug, than a Paraview issue. But maybe
someone on this mailing list did experience the issue. In case, I will be
grateful, if he or she could share his experience on how he/she solved this
issue.
thanks

Nabil Ghodbane (Ph. D. Habil*.*)
Phone: +33 6 34 42 33 43