[Paraview] Quadrature point data contours

Darcy Beurle darcy.beurle at ibnm.uni-hannover.de
Mon Jul 10 08:40:23 EDT 2017

Hi,

Sorry if this has been covered before (I have attempted to read as much
as I can on this), but I am still having difficulties getting what I
want done.

I have a finite element model with data at the quadrature points, and I
wish to visualise these on a mesh (similar to nodal point values)
without having to extrapolate and average.    However the supplied
examples from other questions on this list do not seem to work properly
for my imagined use case.  There are no contours drawn for the
quadrature point data but the data is available in the spreadsheet
view.

The code to generate a file is attached.  My current method is to
import the data into Paraview and select 'Filters->Quadrature Points-
>Generate Quadrature Points.

Are there any restrictions to visualising quadrature point data?  Will
there be contours shown if working correctly?

Suggestions on what is wrong here are appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Darcy.