[Paraview] Paraview segfault on (orthographic) slice view

Vogel Dorian dorian.vogel at fhnw.ch
Fri Jul 7 04:33:30 EDT 2017

Hello Cory,

Thanks for the follow-up.

Unfortunately I do still experience this issue, I gathered a bit more information on the behavior of the issue:

Still using a 1x1x1 @(0,0,0) box:

-open second layout as tab

-open orthographic sliceview

-I can scroll on all slice views but ONLY in one direction. As soon as I scroll in the other direction on any of the views, Paraview crashes.

==> this only appends on Polygonal Meshes: If I apply the AppendDatasets filter (outputting an Unstructured Grid) to the same box, everything seems to work as expected.

This is pretty much the Hack I used for my data, convert all the object that I wanted to slice to unstructured grid. While not optimal it does the job.

Best,

--

Dorian Vogel