[Paraview] Dilation Operation ...

Niklas Röber roeber at dkrz.de
Wed Jul 5 11:04:47 EDT 2017

Dear All,

I have a very low resolution netCDF that I would like to visualize as
cell data using lon/lat projection. Reading the data using lon/lat
projection, the variables are represented as point data (image1). If the
data is read in spherical, the variables are represented as cell data
(image2). Comparing both, shows that some features are missing in the
lon/lat projection, see for example central America and Spain. Applying
a PointDataToCellData filter to the point data in lon/lat smoothes these
features away completely (image3).
Is there a possibility to visualize the data correctly, as shown with
spherical projection, but in lon/lat? Or can the point data somehow be
dilated so that central America and half of Europe are not "filtered" out?

Thanks for any help!
Cheers, Niklas