[Paraview] [Non-DoD Source] PVSB on Mac OSX 10.12

Angelini, Richard C (Rick) CIV USARMY RDECOM ARL (US) richard.c.angelini.civ at mail.mil
Mon Feb 27 08:24:05 EST 2017

A build using the same cmake command completes without the
VTK_USE_SYSTEM_PNG problem on an  OSX 10.11 system.     Both systems are
running the Xcode 8.2.1.   I tried both cmake 3.6.3 and 3.7.2 on the OX
10.12 system and both versions result in the same cmake configuration
problem, so it appears to be an issue specific to OS X 10.12 …
________________________________
Rick Angelini
USArmy Research Laboratory
CISD/HPC Architectures Team
Phone:  410-278-6266

From:  ParaView <paraview-bounces at paraview.org> on behalf of Rick Angelini
<rca19_geek at outlook.com>
Date:  Sunday, February 26, 2017 at 2:42 PM
To:  "paraview at paraview.org" <paraview at paraview.org>
Subject:  [Non-DoD Source] [Paraview] PVSB on Mac OSX 10.12

I'm building PV 5.3-RC2 on a Mac OSX 10.12 and the build is getting hosed.
(the build fails while building ParaView, can't find a missing <png.h>
include file).    When PVSB configures Paraview, it is setting the cmake
flag VTK_USE_SYSTEM_PNG=ON and it should be OFF.     In the top level cmake,
the value is set to OFF.

292 mac> grep PNG CMakeCache.txt
VTK_USE_SYSTEM_PNG:UNINITIALIZED=OFF

If I re-run cmake in the paraview build directory and turn off
VTK_USE_SYSTEM_PNG, I get a clean build.