[Paraview] tracking an object ...

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Sun Feb 26 10:00:11 EST 2017

The attribute generating the error message is not included in the
error, so it is hard to know what the specific problem is with the
script (I haven't tried running it myself).

Another way to do this is with the following.

* View menu -> Animation view
* To the right of the blue '+' sign, select Camera, and in the combo
box to the right of that, select "Follow Data". Click on the blue '+'
sign.
* Now run the animation. The camera will be centered on the bounds of
the all the data in the scene as the animation progresses.

HTH,
Cory

On Sun, Feb 26, 2017 at 5:12 AM,  <u.utku.turuncoglu at be.itu.edu.tr> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I just wonder that is there anybody used following Python code with latest
> version of the ParaView (5.2) to track object.
>
> http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Python/Tracking_an_object_during_animation
>
> When i try to run the script under Python shell (after selecting object
> using ExtractSelection filter), i am getting following error,
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<string>", line 28, in <module>
>   File
> "/Applications/ParaView-5.2.0.app/Contents/Python/paraview/servermanager.py",
> line 308, in __setattr__
>     "to add this attribute.")
> AttributeError: Attribute Caching does not exist.  This class does not
> allow addition of new attributes to avoid mistakes due to typos. Use
> add_attribute() if you really want to add this attribute.
>
> My first impression is that the script can be little bit outdated because
> article is written in 2011. So, any suggestion might help at this point.
> Thanks,
>
> Regards,
>
> --ufuk

Cory Quammen