[Paraview] tracking an object ...

u.utku.turuncoglu at be.itu.edu.tr u.utku.turuncoglu at be.itu.edu.tr
Sun Feb 26 05:12:07 EST 2017

Hi All,

I just wonder that is there anybody used following Python code with latest
version of the ParaView (5.2) to track object.

http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Python/Tracking_an_object_during_animation

When i try to run the script under Python shell (after selecting object
using ExtractSelection filter), i am getting following error,

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 28, in <module>
  File
"/Applications/ParaView-5.2.0.app/Contents/Python/paraview/servermanager.py",
line 308, in __setattr__
    "to add this attribute.")
AttributeError: Attribute Caching does not exist.  This class does not
allow addition of new attributes to avoid mistakes due to typos. Use
add_attribute() if you really want to add this attribute.

My first impression is that the script can be little bit outdated because
article is written in 2011. So, any suggestion might help at this point.
Thanks,

Regards,

--ufuk