[Paraview] Extracting the Cartesian coordinates of points

Dimitrova, Maria maria.dimitrova at helsinki.fi
Fri Feb 24 04:54:18 EST 2017

<https://xrunhprof.wordpress.com/2012/07/17/display-point-coordinates-in-paraview/>

Dear all,

I was looking for a way to find the coordinates of a point where I click on and came across this example for a programmable filter.

https://xrunhprof.wordpress.com/2012/07/17/display-point-coordinates-in-paraview/

Display point coordinates in Paraview | XRunHProf<https://xrunhprof.wordpress.com/2012/07/17/display-point-coordinates-in-paraview/>
xrunhprof.wordpress.com
Here is how to display point coordinates in Paraview. First create a programmable filter with the following code: Then select points and enable point ...

I made the filter for a vti source where there is a 3D array of the x, y and z components of induced currents. I chose Points representation and tried selecting points but no coordinates appear on the screen. It seems that neither of the selection tools can help, even though I see that points are being selected because they get coloured in magenta. Do you have any advise what could be wrong? Paraview 5.2.0 MPI, OpenGL running on Windows 10.

Best regards,

Maria