[Paraview] Coloring with vtkBlockColors

kenichiro yoshimi rccm.kyoshimi at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 02:27:58 EST 2017

Hello all,

I have a question over making a ParaView plugin. I try to set coloring
with "vtkBlockColors" for a multi-block data set by conventional
method:
-----
vtkPVDataSetAttributesInformation* attrInfo =
dataInfo->GetFieldDataInformation();
vtkPVArrayInformation* arrayInfo = attrInfo->GetArrayInformation(name);
vtkSMPVRepresentationProxy::SetScalarColoring(repr->getProxy(),
"vtkBlockColors", vtkDataObject::FIELD);
-----
But the above arrayInfo is always NULL though there exists a
"vtkBlockColors"  in field selection combo box with ParaView.

I'd like to know the right way to do it.

Kind regards,
yoshimi