[Paraview] Paraview closes with a core dump

Robert Sawko robertsawko at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 12:26:34 EST 2017

Thanks for looking into it, Mathieu.

>    - Is your system up to date ?
It's quite up to date. See below.
$ uname -a
Linux avignon 4.9.9-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Feb 9 19:07:09 CET 2017 x86_64 GNU/Linux

>    - Are you running X ? Wayland ?
Yes, for X. Never heard of Wayland.

>    - What DE/WM are you running ?
No DE, but Xmonad as WM.

>    - What graphic card do you have ? With which drivers version ?
Nvidia Quadro. I've got nvidia driver version 378.13-1. There's a slightly
newer one in the repo.

>    - What version of opengl is installed ? please provide glxinfo output.

$ glxinfo
name of display: :0.0
Error: couldn't find RGB GLX visual or fbconfig

Oops... that looks like a problem. I could try downgrading opengl.

>    - There should be some error message before the segfault, but we can't
>    see any, did you removed them or are they missing ?

I haven't removed anything from the gdb output. Running paraview from bash is
core-dumps silently.

>    - Can you check in your source that
>    paraview/VTK/Rendering/OpenGL2/vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx:485 contains

Yes, these lines are there.

Robert