[Paraview] Paraview closes with a core dump

Mathieu Westphal mathieu.westphal at kitware.com
Wed Feb 22 12:08:24 EST 2017

Looks like a Xorg problem.

Please specify :
- Is your system up to date ?
- Are you running X ? Wayland ?
- What DE/WM are you running ?
- What graphic card do you have ? With which drivers version ?
- What version of opengl is installed ? please provide glxinfo output.
- There should be some error message before the segfault, but we can't see
any, did you removed them or are they missing ?
- Can you check in your source that
paraview/VTK/Rendering/OpenGL2/vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx:485 contains :

   6   if (!this->WindowId)
   5   {
   4     v = this->GetDesiredVisualInfo();
   3     if (!v)
   2     {
   1       vtkErrorMacro(<< "Could not find a decent visual\n");
485        abort();
   1     }

Regards

Mathieu Westphal