[Paraview] [Non-DoD Source] Re: Superbuild repo change?

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Tue Feb 21 10:07:53 EST 2017

Hi Rick,

>From paraview-superbuild master (remember to run 'git submodule
update' after updating master), you should be able to set
paraview_SOURCE_SELECTION to 5.3.0-RC1. Then just configure and build.

These directions are distilled from the README.md file in the
superbuild directory [1]. Relevant excerpt:

"3. Another option is to use a source tarball of a ParaView release.
For that, set paraview_SOURCE_SELECTION to the version to build such
as 5.2.0. The superbuild offers the lastest stable release as well as
release candidate in preparation for the release. This is the best way
to build a released version of ParaView."

For each release candidate and release, we add an entry under
paraview_SOURCE_SELECTION that you can select.

Let us know if you run into problems.

Thanks,
Cory

[1] https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/paraview-superbuild/blob/master/README.md

On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 8:42 AM, Angelini, Richard C (Rick) CIV USARMY
RDECOM ARL (US) <richard.c.angelini.civ at mail.mil> wrote:
> What are the instructions for using PVSB to build the 5.3- RC ?
> Rick Angelini
> USArmy Research Laboratory
> CISD/HPC Architectures Team
> Phone:  410-278-6266