[Paraview] Different visualization result using serial or parallel ParaView ...

Stefan Melber Stefan.Melber at DLR.de
Fri Feb 10 05:17:48 EST 2017

Hi Utkarsh,

so i assume its finally a problem of the reader (here Ensight) which
does not produce the ghost-cells. Ok, for the small testcase it works
fine - however for the real one some of the processes fails with an
error and ParaView in the end crashes. I then tried instead of using the
"Ghost Cell Generator" i use "D31"-filter - and it does its job (seems
it produces the ghost cells too because running the ghost-cell filter
after D31 there is nothing to do for the filter).

However - regarding the error i found with "Ghost Cell Generator" i will
send you a bigger (sorry) testcase.Just read in the data and apply the
GhostCellGenerator in parallel ... i will crash.

Best regards,

       Stefan