[Paraview] ruler filter in paraview-git

Shawn Waldon shawn.waldon at kitware.com
Thu Feb 2 09:59:58 EST 2017

Hi Mark,

So the confusion is that there are now two rulers in ParaView.  The one
under the filters menu is the one you are seeing.  It was added so that the
user could measure the dataset in each dimension (and possibly it could be
extended to selecting other measurements).  The older behavior is the Ruler
under the Sources menu (it doesn't take an input dataset, but you can
freely set its end points).  The fact that they are named the same means
that the Ctrl-Space search favors the one in the filters menu.  Perhaps we
could change the name of one of them to make it more clear?

HTH,
Shawn