[Paraview] Ansys to ParaView

Bob Flandard bflandard at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 06:20:48 EST 2017

Hi Anxo,

I don't what the capabilities of the Paraview Ansys reader are, but I don't
think it can read results data, but that may have changed since I last
looked.

Try writing the cdb file as "unblocked" and then renaming the extension as
*.inp. This may get the mesh in to Paraview but not the results.

If your model isn't confidential or too large, you can upload the *.rst
file to your Dropbox account and I'll try and convert it for you (*.rst
files zip well). I can't give you the apdl scripts to do this as they
belong to the company I work for.

Regards, Bob