[Paraview] Extract region enclosed by isocontour surface and slice

Shuhao Wu shuhao at shuhaowu.com
Thu Aug 31 18:00:22 EDT 2017

Hello all,

I'm trying to find a maximum value in a region that's enclosed by an
contour. I've attached an example of this, where the region of interest
is within the black box and the grey surface. Of course, I would first
filter the data to be bounded by the black box before proceeding to
calculate the maximum value.

I'm not sure if there is an automated way to do this. My idea is to
extract the region based on the intersection of the outer most contour
surface. After extracting the region, I can then find the maximum value
and location fairly easily.

However, I'm unsure how I can accomplish this as I don't see a filter
that offers functionality like this as it would rely on two input: the
contour and the original data.

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Shuhao