[Paraview] creating subdomain/cells/sections

Muhammad Kashif Saeed kashifsaeed38 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 02:57:46 EDT 2017

Hi,

I am working on mixing of particles in a cylindrical mixer using DEM in
open source software liggghts and for post processing, i am using paraview.

I want to calculate the non-sampling mixing index for that purpose it
requires to divide the cylindrical portion of the domain into a different
subdomain (sections/cells) of the known number.

and want to find the number of particles in each subdomain/cell/section.

 Kindly first help me how to divide into different subdomains.

my simulation consists of a cylinder in which 4 bladed impeller rotates to
mix the two different size particle beds mix together.

thanks in advance

--

*Muhammad Kashif Saeed*
Chemical Engineer