[Paraview] paraview-superbuild fails to buiild osmesa

Chuck Atkins chuck.atkins at kitware.com
Fri Apr 21 10:06:06 EDT 2017

Hi Patrick,

Which OS and Compiler are you using?  Also what version of binutils are you
using (`which ld` and `ld --version`)?  This is a known issue where the
`ld` shipped with older versions binutils doesn't support the AVX2
instructions generated for SWR, even though the compiler you're using
does.  Disabling SWR isn't really a great option since it's performance is
dramatically better than the llvmpipe alternative.  Placing a newer
binutils in your path should let SWR build successfully.

Chuck Atkins
Staff R&D Engineer, Scientific Computing
Kitware, Inc.