[Paraview] pvpython script fails on Paraview 5.0.1

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Mon Apr 3 20:32:09 EDT 2017

It looks like you've built ParaView with the OpenGL backend while your
Windows binary is built against the OpenGL2 backend. These backends
have some disjoint properties exposed in ParaView, and the error you
are seeing is from a property in the state file generated from the
OpenGL2 backend that does not exist in the OpenGL backend. Hence the
error in your build

The easy solution is to delete the offending lines that contain
`SetScaleArray`. These lines just defines an array that adjusts some
property of the 3D Glyph representation in the OpenGL 2 backend. The
property would have not effect on your compiled ParaView anyway, so
you can just delete it.

Hope that clarifies things,
Cory

On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 8:25 AM, Bishwajit Dutta <bdutta at vt.edu> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have compiled Paraview 5.0.1 on ubuntu with mesa libs to run it on CPU.
> Also I generated a simple pvpython script from Paraview 5.0.1 GUI on my
> windows machine (attached) and the script runs fine there.
> However this script fails with my mesa compiled pvpython.
>
> =============error logs===============
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "cone_clip.py", line 19, in <module>
>     cone1Display.SetScaleArray = [None, '']
>   File
> "/home/bd/gohan_mount/bdutta/PARAVIEW/PV_Vignesh/bd_build_mesa/lib/site-packages/paraview/servermanager.py",
> line 307, in __setattr__
>     "to add this attribute.")
> AttributeError: Attribute SetScaleArray does not exist.  This class does not
> allow addition of new attributes to avoid mistakes due to typos. Use
> add_attribute() if you really want to add this attribute.
> =============================
>
> I have built the Paraview with the following options (CMakeCache.txt
> attached):
> cmake ../ -DBUILD_TESTING=OFF -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release
> -DPARAVIEW_ENABLE_CATALYST=ON -DPARAVIEW_ENABLE_PYTHON=ON
> -DPYTHON_LIBRARY=$PYTHON_LIBRARY -DPYTHON_INCLUDE_DIR=$PYTHON_INCLUDE_DIR
> -DPARAVIEW_USE_MPI=ON -DMPI_HEADER_PATH=$MPI_HEADER_PATH
> -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$BD_INSTALL_PATH -DPARAVIEW_BUILD_QT_GUI=OFF
> -DVTK_USE_X=OFF -DOPENGL_INCLUDE_DIR=$BD_INSTALL_PATH/include
> -DOPENGL_gl_LIBRARY=$BD_INSTALL_PATH/lib/libOSMesa.so
> -DOPENGL_glu_LIBRARY=$BD_INSTALL_PATH/lib/libGLU.so
> -DVTK_OPENGL_HAS_OSMESA=ON -DOSMESA_INCLUDE_DIR=$BD_INSTALL_PATH/include
> -DOSMESA_LIBRARY=$BD_INSTALL_PATH/lib/libOSMesa.so
>
> Do I need to pass some extra parameters while building and if so what are
> they? All my GUI generated scripts seem to fail with similar errors.
>
> Thanks in advance for guidance.
>
> BR,
> Bishwajit (Bish) Dutta
> CpE - Grad Student