[Paraview] Create animation and center geometry

kenichiro yoshimi rccm.kyoshimi at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 00:40:47 EDT 2016

Hi, Ryan

You try the script as follows from [Tools]-[Python Shell] after
reading datasets into ParaView.

---------save_screenshots.py---------
from paraview.simple import *

# Change 10 to the amount of timesteps
for num in range(0,10):
    print 'Save screenshot ' + str(num)

    renderView1 = GetActiveViewOrCreate('RenderView')
    renderView1.ResetCamera()

    # Save screenshot
    # Change to your folder
    name = 'G:/ParaViewData-v4.1/Data/singleSphereAnimation/singleSphere'
+ str(num).zfill(4) + '.png'
    print 'Save as ' + str(name)
    SaveScreenshot(name, magnification=1, quality=100, view=renderView1)

    animationScene1 = GetAnimationScene()

    animationScene1.GoToNext()
---------

Thanks,