[Paraview] 3D Unstructured CFD with symmetry plain

Ben Orr benjamincorr at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 23:54:11 EDT 2016

Preview Community,

I am new to the mailing list, so please forgive me if this is not the place
for this type of question.

I have an unstructured CFD solution for half an aircraft using a symmetry
plain. I would like to view it as though it was run with the full
(mirrored) geometry. I know about the "reflect" filter, but that keeps the
symmetry plain as a surface.

Is there a simple way/pipe-line that allows me to select the surface of
just the "full" aircraft? So far I have been using "reflect" followed by a
threshold that uses a parameter that is only true for surface cells (such
as Mach~=0 or height==0 (a calculation of distance from surface used by
many turbulence models)). Is there a better way?

Thank you,

Ben Orr
benjamincorr at gmail.com