[Paraview] Visualization of Xdmf-H5 files on Paraview Web

Sebastien Jourdain sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com
Thu Oct 20 17:27:26 EDT 2016

I think in ParaView it is asking you (via a popup) which reader to use.

So ParaViewWeb in that specific case, don't know what to do.

To fix that, you will have to figure out what is the proxy name for your
reader and provide a config file to Visualizer (if it is what you are
using).

Add the following args when running it:

[...] --proxies /path/to/proxy-settings.json

And here is a sample content for the proxy-settings.json file:

{
    "sources": [
        { "name": "AnnotateTime", "label": "Annotate Time" },
        { "name": "Cone" },
        { "name": "Sphere" },
        { "name": "Text" },
        { "name": "Wavelet" }
    ],

    "filters": [
        { "name": "Calculator" },
        { "name": "CellDatatoPointData", "label": "Cell Data To Point Data"
},
        { "name": "Clip" },
        { "name": "Contour" },
        { "name": "D3" },
        { "name": "ExtractCTHParts", "label": "Extract CTH Parts" },
        { "name": "ProcessIdScalars", "label": "Process ID Scalars" },
        { "name": "Reflect" },
        { "name": "Slice" },
        { "name": "StreamTracer", "label": "Stream Tracer" },
        { "name": "Threshold" },
        { "name": "Transform" },
        { "name": "Tube" },
        { "name": "Ribbon" },
        { "name": "WarpByScalar", "label": "Warp By Scalar" },
        { "name": "WarpByVector", "label": "Warp By Vector" },
        { "name": "ExtractBlock", "label": "Extract Blocks" }
    ],

    "readers": [
        { "name": "LegacyVTKReader", "extensions": [ "vtk" ], "method":
"FileNames" },
        { "name": "Xdmf3ReaderS", "extensions": [ "xmf", "xdmf" ] }
    ]
}

It seems for your use case you want:

"readers": [
   { "name": "XdmfReader", "extensions": [ "xdmf" ], "method": "FileNames" }
]